AFC Staff ‘Pissed’ About Cowboys Touchdown Andy Dalton: Report





Andy Dalton





Getty


Andy Dalton





The Jacksonville Jaguars would have gotten away with stealing Andy Dalton if it weren’t for the meddling Dallas Cowboys.

As Yahoo Sports activities NFL insider Charles Robinson just lately detailed, the Jaguars — homeowners of the league’s worst quarterback room — had been “pissed” they misplaced the Dalton sweepstakes to Dallas.

Robinson revealed the Jaguars, Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Bears, and New York Jets had been among the many major suitors for the previous Bengals starter, whose market was hotter than many understand.

“There was a variety of curiosity in him,” Robinson stated, through SI.com. “After I was on the mix, I had a few folks after I was shaping up the quarterback market and I used to be speaking to some completely different folks, I received right into a dialog about Indianapolis. They stated ‘hey, you understand, there’s curiosity in Philip Rivers. However guess what, they’re truly having a dialog of their constructing about perhaps buying and selling for Andy Dalton. Providing one thing and seeing if Cincinnati will chew, perhaps if the Rivers scenario doesn’t work out.”

These aforementioned golf equipment have starters in place; the Colts and Bears acquired Philip Rivers and Nick Foles, respectively, whereas the Jaguars (Gardner Minshew) and Jets (Sam Darnold) are tying their hopes in younger, still-developing prospects.

However these groups weren’t focusing on Dalton to be their QB1. Reasonably, there was intrigue in him as a high-end QB2, the function he finally assumed behind Dak Prescott.

Suffice to say, for a staff like Jacksonville, Dalton is a greater backup choice than Joshua Dobbs. Which made Dalton’s cope with Dallas all of the extra painful.

“You will have the Bears, who I believe would’ve traded for Andy Dalton had they not acquired Nick Foles,” Robinson stated, per SI.com. “The Jets completely got here after him. The Jaguars I believe had been upset. I believe the Jaguars had been pissed that they didn’t land him.”

The Cowboys inked Dalton, 32, to a one-year, $7 million deal. He obtained $three million absolutely assured; the remaining $four million is accessible through incentives primarily based round taking part in time.

He’ll probably by no means see the sphere, as Prescott has but to overlook a sport since becoming a member of the Cowboys in 2016. And he’s resigned to his impending inactivity, a serious deviation after 9 years below middle in Cincinnati. Dalton acknowledged his aim is to “assist Dak as a lot as I can” earlier than procuring his rehabbed inventory subsequent offseason, hoping to land a beginning gig elsewhere.

The Cowboys’ pure enchantment and Tremendous Bowl-ready roster factored into Dalton’s choice. So did the TCU alum’s shut residential proximity to The Star.

“After weighing every little thing, I felt like going to Dallas was going to be the precise match for me this 12 months,” Dalton advised ESPN’s Adam Schefter, through The Athletic. “I’m enthusiastic about it. I believe it’s going to be a terrific alternative. … I wished to hitch a high-class group and a staff that’s able to win, and be with Mike McCarthy, together with his historical past with quarterbacks, it offers me an opportunity to come back to a brand new place, an opportunity to be taught, assist Dak out any approach I can, and simply be an asset for this staff. Clearly, I carry a variety of expertise and might carry so much to the desk, so I’m right here to assist this staff win and assist in any approach I can. … This staff is able to win. I felt prefer it was the very best alternative for this 12 months and hopefully it can set me up for my future. This was an enormous image plan. … I really feel like I've a variety of years left (within the NFL). I really feel like there may be a variety of good soccer left for me.”

Observe the Heavy on Cowboys Fb web page for the newest breaking information, rumors and content material!







Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post